Ian Kanig joined Keker & Van Nest in the fall of 2016.
Before joining the firm, he clerked for Judge Haywood S. Gilliam, Jr., and externed for Judge Susan Y. Illston, both of the Northern District of California.
Note, “Sustainable Capitalism Through the Benefit Corporation,” 64 Hastings L.J. 863 (2013)
Honors and Activities
University of California, Hastings College of the Law
- First-Year Section Scholar (Awarded for the Highest 1L Section GPA)
- Dean’s Scholar (Awarded for Best Incoming Merit)
- Thurston Society Member (Awarded for High 1L Standing)
- Executive Articles Editor, Hastings Law Journal
- CALI and Witkin Awards: Property Law and Legal Writing & Research
- 1L Moot Court Best Brief and Best Oral Argument Honorable Mention
- Dean’s List Recipient
- J.G. Nolan Merit Scholar